Harrison Senior living is looking for a detailed oriented candidate to join our team as an Admissions Director.
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate inquiry and admission processes in order to assure resident, family, and facility satisfaction. This position is part of the Centralized Admissions Team, which represents three communities on the Eastern Shore: Harrison House of Georgetown (DE), John B. Parsons Assisted Living (MD) and Harrison House of Snow Hill (MD). The Admissions Director will represent Harrison Senior Living in a positive manner throughout the community, and to balance the census population according to budgetary needs. The Admissions Director is responsible for ensuring financial appropriateness by verifying insurance benefits and obtaining insurance authorizations when necessary. This position also ensures that details of upcoming or pending admissions are communicated to facility Administrator and nursing team members as well as any other admissions team members.
This position works from our community in Salisbury, Maryland.
- Works closely with Clinical Liaison and other team members to coordinate admission of referrals/inquiries.
- Conduct financial screening of potential residents by verifying insurance and payor source(s).
- Obtains insurance pre-authorizations for admissions as needed in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively manage electronic referral programs.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of regulations governing Medicare/Medicaid/Managed Care reimbursement processes
- Maintain a working knowledge of additional payer types including but not limited to: insurance carriers, managed care organizations and affordable care organizations. Assists admissions department with these business relationships and seeks new contracts.
- Communicates all pending admissions to management team at facility to ensure a smooth transition and appropriate availability for new admissions.
- Attends weekly Census/Marketing teleconferences and reports statistics as requested.
- Establishes strong and successful relationships with referral sources throughout the area and expands referral sources in the area.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans.
- Coordinates events to promote facility with the Admissions Director for all referral sources.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the market, competitors, and acuity trends.
- Conducts competitive analysis as needed.
- Participates in cross-training and acts as backup for other members of Admissions team.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) by authorized government agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Harrison Senior Living is a family owned and operated company. The kind of place you can pull the CEO aside if you have a serious concern. It’s also the kind of place you can expect all departments and positions to work together. We think having the best talent in the industry deserves the best benefits. We’ve made sure our health insurance is second to none, our wages are competitive and so is our PTO. We try to be flexible with people’s schedules, have creative health programs and offer essentials like a 401k with discretionary matching. Employee satisfaction is critical to us. We have staff-led committees dedicated to making our workplaces the best and are always rolling out new programs to make sure we have the best environments in the industry. If you’re looking for a more exciting place to work, we hope you’ll join us!
At Harrison Senior Living we take pride in rewarding our employees with thoughtful, valuable and worthwhile benefits that positively impact their lives and the lives of their families. Most, if not all, organizations claim to offer “competitive benefits”. We believe, however, that with the feedback we have gotten from our employees we have been able to create an offering of benefits that is not only competitive, but meaningful. We think you will agree.
Our health insurance plan through Independence Administrators is affordable and comprehensive. The network of medical providers is extensive. An excellent feature of our health insurance plan is the Health Reimbursement Account. Through this account Harrison Senior Living pays for the first 50% of a qualified employee’s deductible! After the deductible is met most medical services are covered at 90%!
Our Employee Wellness program was created as a vehicle to assist employees in implementing healthy habits into their lives while earning discounts on their health insurance premiums. We recognize that healthy minds and healthy bodies are the catalyst to a successful working environment. Your health information is 100% confidential!
This valuable medical coverage allows our employees to “bridge” the gap in their deductible with a benefit of up to $1,500.00 for qualifying procedures in patient and out.
Through Sunlife we offer very affordable dental coverage that our employees have enjoyed for a long time.
Employees enjoy the benefit of a 401k plan at Harrison Senior Living which is automatically contributed from their bi-weekly paycheck into their retirement account, this includes a Roth option and a discretionary match by the company. We encourage participation with Automatic Enrollment for all qualifying employees. With this push in the right direction many of our employees are saving for their future retirement!
All qualifying employees receive a free $25K life insurance policy. Those who qualify are automatically enrolled into this benefit. Of course, there is also the option to purchase Voluntary Life Insurance as well. Again, affordable coverage for employees at Harrison Senior Living.
Our disability programs are very popular with our team at Harrison Senior Living due to their affordability and flexibility. Our plan allows our employees to purchase these disability programs at different levels and cost increments to suit their needs and needs of their families.
Our employees can earn a bonus up to $500.00 when we hire a candidate that they have referred to Harrison Senior Living when that employee remains with the company for at least six months.
Harrison Senior Living offers a generous time off program for those who qualify and pass the introductory period. Time is available as it is accrued and unused vacation time can be carried over to subsequent years up to a certain maximum.
Employee Assistance Program – Our EAP provides unlimited phone access to legal, financial and work-life services. It also includes up to four sessions with a counselor per person, per issue, per year.
Legal Shield is a newly implemented voluntary benefit that provides legal assistance and Identity protection for our employees. This benefit has proven to be very popular at a very reasonable cost.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Medicare and Medicaid: 2 years (Preferred)
- Healthcare: 2 years (Preferred)
- Insurance programs: 2 years (Preferred)