Director of Nursing
Harrison Senior Living is a family owned and operated company. It is the kind of place you can expect all departments and positions to work together. We think having the best talent in the industry deserves the best benefits. We have made sure our health insurance is second to none, our wages are competitive and so is our PTO. We try to be flexible with people’s schedules, have creative health programs and offer essentials like a 401k and IRA program with discretionary matching. Employee satisfaction is critical to us. We have staff-led committees dedicated to making our workplaces the best and are always rolling out new programs to make sure we have the best environments in the industry. If you are looking for a more exciting place to work, we hope you will join us.
We are currently seeking a Director of Nursing for our Georgetown, DE location.
The Director of Nursing is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
The responsibilities below are a summary of the requirements for this position and do not reflect all necessary tasks for the position.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing services department in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Directs, oversees, and evaluates all nursing personnel.
- Develop, maintain, a periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing services department.
- Participate in developing, maintaining, and periodically updating written nursing policies, procedures, reference materials, manuals, objections, and philosophies.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Administrator, as necessary concerning the operation of the nursing service department.
- Ensure that the nursing services manuals are always current and reflect the day-to-day operations and procedures at the facility.
- Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
- Participate in facility surveys made by authorized government agencies and subsequent corrections to identified areas.
- Participate in QAPI establish objectives and goals and to develop and implement appropriate performance improvement plans.
- Oversee Infection Control and Staff Education.
- Direct the staffing needs of the community to include oversight of the Scheduler, recruitment and retention.
- Evaluate staff performance and document timely.
- Provide the Administrator with information relative to the nursing needs of the resident and the nursing service department’s ability to meet those needs.
- Make rounds with physicians, as necessary. Schedule physician visits, as necessary.
- Schedule daily rounds to observe residents and to determine if nursing needs are being met in accordance with the resident’s request.
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to ensure that medications are being administered as ordered and that treatments are provided as scheduled.
- Collaborate with other professionals, including physicians and the Medical Director.
- Manage and control departmental budget.
- Leads and coordinates the admission and discharge process to ensure a seamless transition.
- Oversees the Grievance process to ensure that concerns are resolved with a mutually agreeable outcome.
Education and Qualifications:
- A degree in Nursing from an accredited school required.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Delaware.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Must have, as a minimum, 3 years of experience as a DON in a long-term care facility.
- Computer knowledge preferred.
At Harrison Senior Living we take pride in rewarding our employees with thoughtful, valuable, and worthwhile benefits that positively impact their lives and the lives of their families. Most, if not all, organizations claim to offer “competitive benefits”. We believe, however, that with the feedback we have gotten from our employees we have been able to create an offering of benefits that is not only competitive, but meaningful. We think you will agree.
Our health insurance plan through Independence Administrators is affordable and comprehensive. The network of medical providers is extensive. An excellent feature of our health insurance plan is the Health Reimbursement Account. Through this account Harrison Senior Living pays for the first 50% of a qualified employee’s deductible! After the deductible is met most medical services are covered at 90%!
2018 began a new stage to our already wonderful benefit packages!
Power of Vitality, our wellness program, was created as a vehicle to assist employees in implementing healthy habits into their lives while earning discounts on their health insurance premiums. We recognize that healthy minds and healthy bodies are the catalyst to a successful working environment. Your health information is 100% confidential!
This valuable medical coverage allows our employees to “bridge” the gap in their deductible with a benefit of up to $1,500.00 for qualifying procedures in patient and out.
Through Lincoln Financial Group we offer very affordable dental coverage that our employees have enjoyed for a long time.
Employees enjoy the benefit of a 401k plan at Harrison Senior Living which is automatically contributed from their bi-weekly paycheck into their retirement account, this includes a Roth option and a discretionary match by the company. We encourage participation with Automatic Enrollment for all qualifying employees. With this push in the right direction many of our employees are saving for their future retirement!
All qualifying employees receive a free $25K life insurance policy. Those who qualify are automatically enrolled into this benefit. Of course, there is also the option to purchase Voluntary Life Insurance as well. Again, affordable coverage for employees at Harrison Senior Living.
Our disability programs are very popular with our team at Harrison Senior Living due to their affordability and flexibility. Our plan allows our employees to purchase these disability programs at different levels and cost increments to suit their needs and needs of their families.
Our employees can earn a bonus up to $500.00 when we hire a candidate that they have referred to Harrison Senior Living when that employee remains with the company for at least six months.
Harrison Senior Living offers a generous time off program for those who qualify and pass the introductory period. Time is available as it is accrued, pand unused vacation time can be carried over to subsequent years up to a certain maximum.
Employee Assistance Program – Our EAP provides unlimited phone access to legal, financial and work-life services. It also includes up to four sessions with a counselor per person, per issue, per year.
Job Type: Full-time