Harrison House of Snow Hill is a 67-bed skilled nursing facility located in Snow Hill, MD. Family owned and operated, we take extra pride and care in the services delivered to our residents. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected and valued.
Job Title: Driver / Light Maintenance
Reports To: Executive Director
Job Type: Part Time/Full Time
The Driver is responsible for providing safe and timely transportation to residents. This entails driving facility vehicles to local restaurants, shopping centers, physician offices and other various locations, as well as, special activities and events, as scheduled and assigned. The Driver shall maintain vehicle logs, purchase gas, and ensure preventative maintenance and inspection schedules are kept current on all facility vehicles. It will be necessary for the Driver to perform minor vehicular maintenance as needed and assure the interior and exterior of the vehicles are always kept clean and presentable. This can include washing the vehicles. The Driver may be asked to provide general assistance to the front desk and to perform other related or non-related duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as may be required to meet emergency or other specific situations. The Driver may work in the daytime and nighttime hours, and in varied weather conditions. The Driver will be subject to walking, climbing, kneeling, and lifting. He/she may also come in contact with chemicals associated with the maintenance and cleaning of vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Get to know the residents of the Community by communicating with resident, other team members and departments.
- Participate in all required training, orientation, meetings and programs offered by the employer.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Transport residents to and from destinations safely.
- Maintain van/bus interior and exterior to be clean and ready to operate, and full of gas.
- Ensure the Company vehicle(s) is regularly maintained to meet safe operating standards
- Strictly follow and abide by all local and State driving laws to include always wearing a seat belt.
- Assist residents in and out of the van and to and from destination. Residents must wear seat belts while in the vehicle. Make sure no one eats or drinks in vehicle.
- Be properly oriented in advance for all trips and resident outings.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates to current and prospective residents the core values of service, goodwill and genuine interest in the resident’s unique needs.
- Conduct yourself and your business at all times so as not to detract from or reflect adversely on the reputation of the property. Handle all resident concerns and complaints with finesse and in a caring, polite and professional manner.
- Communicate and channel to supervisor, all resident, personnel and other matters and information which could concern or be in any way beneficial to employer.
- While on duty, diligently and conscientiously devote your full and exclusive time and attention, your best sills and efforts to the discharge of your duties.
- Immediately report any, and all, driving accidents, mishaps, violations, citations, tickets, etc. to your direct supervisor.
- Perform light maintenance in building when driving is not needed.
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from time-to-time by the management of the property.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Good vision.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Self- motivated/self-starter
- Must possess a current Driver’s License as currently required by the State of Maryland
- Must have a verifiable safe driving record
- Must have thorough knowledge of the surrounding area
- Must have a genuine interest in geriatric care and believe in and uphold the core values of the facility.
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must present a well-groomed appearance and demonstrate a courteous, friendly, patient and congenial manner always.
- Previous transportation experience is preferred.
- Must be able to read and write in English and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
- Lift up to 50 pounds, stoop, bend, climb stairs and work in cramped spaces, and be in good physical condition.
- Must possess a clean driving record that will be approved by the Company’s insurance carrier and the Company’s standards.
- Annual driving record checks will be performed to ensure consistent and safe driving patterns are met. Must be able to work independently and have the ability to communicate with others
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.