Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Skilled Nursing
Nurses are the heart of healthcare!
Are you a Licensed Practical Nursing looking for a new opportunity?
We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected and valued.
Assumes responsibility of total resident care on a designated unit for each shift worked by performing professional nursing duties and assuring the completion of nurse aide duties. Cooperates with all disciplines to assure high quality resident care.
- Maintain charge and direction of floor in cooperation with the Director of Resident Services (DRS) to assure quality resident care is provided.
- Create nurse aide assignments if needed to meet the needs of the resident.
- Notify DRS when a resident condition changes and when an issue arises with other staff members.
- Administer medications and treatments in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Keep medicine cart locked at all times when out of view.
- Update resident support plans on a daily basis as needed.
- Appropriately assess residents and follow through according to established policies and procedures.
- Assist with resident ADL’s as necessary.
- Assist with resident meals and fluid intake on a daily basis to assure proper nutrition is maintained.
- Accompany physicians on resident visits as needed to assure continuity of care.
- Transcribe physician orders per policy in a timely manner.
- Observe nursing care and visit residents throughout the shift to assure that nursing care is carried out as directed.
- Participate in receiving report from off-going shift and giving report on-coming shift to assure continuity of care. Communicate necessary information to nurse aides.
- Monitor care provided by Nurse Aides.
- Complete resident incident/accident reports per policy in a timely manner.
- Collects samples, such as urine or sputum, from residents for testing, as needed.
- Communicates information as necessary with families, residents, staff, etc.
- Assure that appropriate and adequate supplies are available on floor for all disciplines.
- Participate in staff meetings to provide and enhance communication between all disciplines on all shifts.
- Participate in problem resolution regarding employees and other floor issues.
- Participate in orientation and training of personnel.
- Assure a clean, safe and orderly environment for residents, staff and visitors.
- Accurately document all care provided to resident during shift and before the end of the shift.
- Chart medications immediately after administered, per policy.
Harrison Senior Living is a family owned and operated company. The kind of place you can pull the CEO aside if you have a serious concern. It’s also the kind of place you can expect all departments and positions to work together. We think having the best talent in the industry deserves the best benefits. We’ve made sure our health insurance is second to none, our wages are competitive and so is our PTO. We try to be flexible with people’s schedules, have creative health programs and offer essentials like a 401k and IRA program with discretionary matching. Last year we matched 5%. Employee satisfaction is critical to us. We have staff-led committees dedicated to making our workplaces the best and are always rolling out new programs to make sure we have the best environments in the industry. If you’re looking for a more exciting place to work, we hope you’ll join us.
At Harrison Senior Living we take pride in rewarding our employees with thoughtful, valuable and worthwhile benefits that positively impact their lives and the lives of their families. Most, if not all, organizations claim to offer “competitive benefits”. We believe, however, that with the feedback we have gotten from our employees we have been able to create an offering of benefits that is not only competitive, but meaningful. We think you will agree.
Our health insurance plan through Independence Administrators is affordable and comprehensive. The network of medical providers is extensive. An excellent feature of our health insurance plan is the Health Reimbursement Account. Through this account Harrison Senior Living pays for the first 50% of a qualified employee’s deductible! After the deductible is met most medical services are covered at 100%!
2018 began a new stage to our already wonderful benefit packages!
“Wellworks For You” was created as a vehicle to assist employees in implementing healthy habits into their lives while earning discounts on their health insurance premiums. We recognize that healthy minds and healthy bodies are the catalyst to a successful working environment. Your health information is 100% confidential!
This valuable medical coverage allows our employees to “bridge” the gap in their deductible with a benefit of up to $1,500.00 for qualifying procedures in patient and out.
Through Lincoln Financial Group we offer very affordable dental coverage that our employees have enjoyed for a long time.
Employees enjoy the benefit of a 401k plan at Harrison Senior Living which is automatically contributed from their bi-weekly paycheck into their retirement account, this includes a Roth option and a discretionary match by the company. We encourage participation with Automatic Enrollment for all qualifying employees. With this push in the right direction many of our employees are saving for their future retirement!
All qualifying employees receive a free $25K life insurance policy. Those who qualify are automatically enrolled into this benefit. Of course, there is also the option to purchase Voluntary Life Insurance as well. Again, affordable coverage for employees at Harrison Senior Living.
Our disability programs are very popular with our team at Harrison Senior Living due to their affordability and flexibility. Our plan allows our employees to purchase these disability programs at different levels and cost increments to suit their needs and needs of their families.
Our employees can earn a bonus up to $500.00 when we hire a candidate that they have referred to Harrison Senior Living when that employee remains with the company for at least six months.
Harrison Senior Living offers a generous time off program for those who qualify and pass the introductory period. Time is available as it is accrued and unused vacation time can be carried over to subsequent years up to a certain maximum.
Employee Assistance Program – Our EAP provides unlimited phone access to legal, financial and work-life services. It also includes up to four sessions with a counselor per person, per issue, per year.