Nursing Home Administrator
We are currently looking to fill the very key position of Nursing Home Administrator at Harrison House of Christiana, located in Christiana, PA. Harrison Senior Living of Christiana is a 139 bed skilled nursing and rehabilitation center, situated on a picturesque and historic twenty acre farm complete with grazing horses.
Harrison Senior Living is a family owned and operated company. The kind of place where the owners don’t mind answering a call bell or rolling up their sleeves. It’s also the kind of place you can expect all departments and positions to work together. We try to be sure we only have the “right people on the bus” so you’re never picking up someone else’s slack unless you genuinely want to help them out. We think having the best talent in the industry deserves the best benefits. We’ve made sure our health insurance is second to none, our wages are competitive and so is our PTO. We try to be flexible with people’s schedules, have creative health programs and offer essentials like a 401k and IRA program with discretionary matching. Last year we matched 5%. Employee satisfaction is critical to us. We have staff-led committees dedicated to making our workplaces the best and are always rolling out new programs to make sure we have the best environments in the industry. If you’re looking for a more exciting place to work, we hope you’ll join us.
- Oversees the delivery of nursing care, operation of support departments, cleanliness and appearance of the facility; morale of staff; and ensures resident needs are being addressed.
- Ensures the building and grounds are appropriately maintained
- Maintains a working knowledge of and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations
- Manages facility budgets and business practices to include labor costs, payables and receivables.
- Utilizes the quality improvement process in all areas of facility operation.
- Develop community goals/objectives, formulate and implement tools for training and/or evaluations and methods for follow up.
- Implement systems and controls to achieve financial performance as established by the community budget. This includes developing budgets and capital spending plans on an annual basis.
- Maintains the community in an “inspection ready” state at all times, assuring the department operates within federal, state, and local regulations.
- Promotes the professional growth and development of the employees at all times
- Understand resident rights.
Nursing Home Administrator Profile:
- Strong financial stewardship, understanding of pay and/or sources budgets.
- Extensive knowledge and management/leadership experience in long term care.
- Strong knowledge of Pennsylvania state and federal nursing home regulations.
- Knowledge of PA case mix and MDS 3.0.
- Strong leadership, communication and decision-making skills.
- Licensed in Pennsylvania as NHA.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10 years progressive management experience with 5 years as a nursing home
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with residents, families, vendors, Board of Directors, corporate management, community groups, government agencies, etc.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely, letters and directives.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with individuals, and both large and small groups.
- A strong knowledge and special sensitivity to the needs of the aging.
- Experience with financial management, including budget management, cash flow management, and analysis of financial reports.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff members and to work cooperatively as part of a team
- Nursing Home Administration: 5 years
- Required license or certification: NHA in Pennsylvania
- Required education: Bachelor’s
At Harrison Senior Living we take pride in rewarding our employees with thoughtful, valuable and worthwhile benefits that positively impact their lives and the lives of their families. Most, if not all, organizations claim to offer “competitive benefits”. We believe, however, that with the feedback we have gotten from our employees we have been able to create an offering of benefits that is not only competitive, but meaningful. We think you will agree.
Our health insurance plan through Independence Administrators is affordable and comprehensive. The network of medical providers is extensive. An excellent feature of our health insurance plan is the Health Reimbursement Account. Through this account Harrison Senior Living pays for the first 50% of a qualified employee’s deductible! After the deductible is met most medical services are covered at 100%!
Our Wellness Program was created as a vehicle to assist employees in implementing healthy habits into their lives while earning discounts on their health insurance premiums. We recognize that healthy minds and healthy bodies are the catalyst to a successful working environment. Your health information is 100% confidential!
This valuable medical coverage allows our employees to “bridge” the gap in their deductible with a benefit of up to $1,500.00 for qualifying procedures in patient and out.
Through Lincoln Financial Group we offer very affordable dental coverage that our employees have enjoyed for a long time.
Employees enjoy the benefit of a 401k plan at Harrison Senior Living which is automatically contributed from their bi-weekly paycheck into their retirement account, this includes a Roth option and a discretionary match by the company. We encourage participation with Automatic Enrollment for all qualifying employees. With this push in the right direction many of our employees are saving for their future retirement!
All qualifying employees receive a free $25K life insurance policy. Those who qualify are automatically enrolled into this benefit. Of course, there is also the option to purchase Voluntary Life Insurance as well. Again, affordable coverage for employees at Harrison Senior Living.
Our disability programs are very popular with our team at Harrison Senior Living due to their affordability and flexibility. Our plan allows our employees to purchase these disability programs at different levels and cost increments to suit their needs and needs of their families.
Our employees can earn a bonus up to $500.00 when we hire a candidate that they have referred to Harrison Senior Living when that employee remains with the company for at least six months.
Harrison Senior Living offers a generous time off program for those who qualify and pass the introductory period. Time is available as it is accrued and unused vacation time can be carried over to subsequent years up to a certain maximum.
Employee Assistance Program – Our EAP provides unlimited phone access to legal, financial and work-life services. It also includes up to four sessions with a counselor per person, per issue, per year.