Nursing Home Administrator
Harrison Senior Living is a family owned and operated company. It’s the kind of place you can expect all departments and positions to work together. We think having the best talent in the industry deserves the best benefits. We’ve made sure our health insurance is second to none, our wages are competitive and so is our PTO. We try to be flexible with people’s schedules, have creative health programs and offer essentials like a 401k with discretionary matching. Employee satisfaction is critical to us. We have staff-led committees dedicated to making our workplaces the best and are always rolling out new programs to make sure we have the best environments in the industry. If you’re looking for a more exciting place to work, we hope you’ll join us.
We are currently looking to fill the very key position of Nursing Home Administrator at Harrison Senior Living of Georgetown located in Georgetown, Delaware. This position is open due to the promotion of the current NHA to a Regional Clinical Director position in our multi-state organization. It is always a main focus for our organization to promote from within whenever possible. For the Nursing Home Administrator position we are looking for a strong leader who is not threatened by the close involvement of family owners in the management of the organization. We also need a leader who would embrace the idea of an Administrator in Training (AIT) program. Harrison Senior Living of Georgetown has a great and caring group of employees that take pride in the care they provide for our Residents. We are looking for the right individual to lead this team and work alongside them. If you meet the qualifications below and you want to join the Harrison family as our Nursing Home Administrator please submit your resume and salary requirements to our HR department. We hope to be meeting you soon!
Nursing Home Administrator Responsibilities
This is a high profile, leadership position, it will be necessary for you to utilize your organizational and communication skills. In addition to your administrative knowledge and resourceful nature, to enthusiastically dedicate your service and expertise to overseeing the day-to-day operations of the organization. The Nursing Home Administrator will exhibit the administrative ability to manage and grow the business, in accordance with the applicable policies and procedures, and current federal, state, local, and corporate guidelines and regulations that govern long term care – health care facilities.
- Develop and maintain strong employee relations, ensuring the delivery of quality care and services, and achieving business development goals
- Prepare and maintain annual budgets, work with health insurance companies and patients to optimize quality and cost efficient operations at the facility
- Ensure that all required records are maintained and submitted, as appropriate, in an accurate and timely manner; oversee the recruiting, hiring, and orientation/training process, and ensure employee performance meets – exceeds expectations
- Ensure the facility is a safe, clean, comfortable and appealing environment for residents, patients,visitors and staff, in accordance with health care company guidelines
- Maintains a working knowledge of and ensures compliance with all governmental regulations
- Manages facility budgets and business practices to include labor costs, payables and receivables
- Utilizes the quality improvement process in all areas of facility operation
- Develop community goals/objectives, formulate and implement tools for training and/or evaluations and methods for follow-up
- Implement systems and controls to achieve financial performance as established by the community budget. This includes developing budgets and capital spending plans on an annual basis
- Maintains the community in an “inspection ready” state at all times, assuring the department operates within federal, state, and local regulations
- Promotes the professional growth and development of the employees at all times
- Understands resident rights
Nursing Home Administrator Profile:
- 3-5 years of NHA experience in a Long Term Care setting
- Current – Active Delaware State license in Nursing Home Administration
- Strong Business Background
- Extensive knowledge and management – leadership experience in long term healthcare, governmental licensure regulations, and all Medicaid/Medicare procedures
- Strong leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Proven history of working cooperatively and harmoniously with residents, residents’ families/representatives, facility staff, physicians, consultants, etc.
At Harrison Senior Living we take pride in rewarding our employees with thoughtful, valuable and worthwhile benefits that positively impact their lives and the lives of their families. Most, if not all, organizations claim to offer “competitive benefits”. We believe, however, that with the feedback we have gotten from our employees we have been able to create an offering of benefits that is not only competitive, but meaningful. We think you will agree.
Our health insurance plan through Independence Administrators is affordable and comprehensive. The network of medical providers is extensive. An excellent feature of our health insurance plan is the Health Reimbursement Account. Through this account Harrison Senior Living pays for the first 50% of a qualified employee’s deductible! After the deductible is met most medical services are covered at 90%!
Our Employee Wellness program was created as a vehicle to assist employees in implementing healthy habits into their lives while earning discounts on their health insurance premiums. We recognize that healthy minds and healthy bodies are the catalyst to a successful working environment. Your health information is 100% confidential!
This valuable medical coverage allows our employees to “bridge” the gap in their deductible with a benefit of up to $1,500.00 for qualifying procedures in patient and out.
Through Sunlife we offer very affordable dental coverage that our employees have enjoyed for a long time.
Employees enjoy the benefit of a 401k plan at Harrison Senior Living which is automatically contributed from their bi-weekly paycheck into their retirement account, this includes a Roth option and a discretionary match by the company. We encourage participation with Automatic Enrollment for all qualifying employees. With this push in the right direction many of our employees are saving for their future retirement!
All qualifying employees receive a free $25K life insurance policy. Those who qualify are automatically enrolled into this benefit. Of course, there is also the option to purchase Voluntary Life Insurance as well. Again, affordable coverage for employees at Harrison Senior Living.
Our disability programs are very popular with our team at Harrison Senior Living due to their affordability and flexibility. Our plan allows our employees to purchase these disability programs at different levels and cost increments to suit their needs and needs of their families.
Our employees can earn a bonus up to $500.00 when we hire a candidate that they have referred to Harrison Senior Living when that employee remains with the company for at least six months.
Harrison Senior Living offers a generous time off program for those who qualify and pass the introductory period. Time is available as it is accrued and unused vacation time can be carried over to subsequent years up to a certain maximum.
Employee Assistance Program – Our EAP provides unlimited phone access to legal, financial and work-life services.
Legal Shield is a newly implemented voluntary benefit that provides legal assistance and Identity protection for our employees. This benefit has proven to be very popular at a very reasonable cost.