Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in PA
Nurses are the heart of healthcare! We are looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse to join our team at Harrison House of Chester County!
Assumes responsibility of total resident care on a designated unit for each shift worked by performing professional nursing duties and assuring the completion of nurse aide duties. Cooperates with all disciplines to assure high quality resident care.
- Maintain charge and direction of floor in cooperation with the Director of Resident Services (DRS) to assure quality resident care is provided.
- Create nurse aide assignments if needed to meet the needs of the resident.
- Notify DRS when a resident condition changes and when an issue arises with other staff members.
- Administer medications and treatments in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Keep medicine cart locked at all times when out of view.
- Update resident support plans on a daily basis as needed.
- Appropriately assess residents and follow through according to established policies and procedures.
- Assist with resident ADL’s as necessary.
- Assist with resident meals and fluid intake on a daily basis to assure proper nutrition is maintained.
- Accompany physicians on resident visits as needed to assure continuity of care.
- Transcribe physician orders per policy in a timely manner.
- Observe nursing care and visit residents throughout the shift to assure that nursing care is carried out as directed.
- Participate in receiving report from off-going shift and giving report on-coming shift to assure continuity of care. Communicate necessary information to nurse aides.
- Monitor care provided by Nurse Aides.
- Complete resident incident/accident reports per policy in a timely manner.
- Collects samples, such as urine or sputum, from residents for testing, as needed.
- Communicates information as necessary with families, residents, staff, etc.
- Assure that appropriate and adequate supplies are available on floor for all disciplines.
- Participate in staff meetings to provide and enhance communication between all disciplines on all shifts.
- Participate in problem resolution regarding employees and other floor issues.
- Participate in orientation and training of personnel.
- Assure a clean, safe and orderly environment for residents, staff and visitors.
- Accurately document all care provided to resident during shift and before the end of the shift.
- Chart medications immediately after administered, per policy.
- Provide input to DRS concerning nurse aide performance.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Attend and participate staff meetings, in-services, mandatory trainings/in-services and continuing education programs.
- Always functions within the limits of the Pennsylvania State Professional Standards Title 49 Chapter and in accordance with the scope of the practice permitted with the licensure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited school of Nursing and must possess a current Practical Nurse license; in good standing, from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; A Nurse who does not yet have a Pennsylvania license must have a temporary practice permit required by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Demonstrated management, communication, and observation skills with an interest in geriatrics.
- Working knowledge of computers, and Microsoft Word required.
Job Type: Part-time