Regional Director of Nursing
Harrison Senior Living is a family owned and operated company. The kind of place you can pull the CEO aside if you have a serious concern. It’s also the kind of place you can expect all departments and positions to work together. We think having the best talent in the industry deserves the best benefits. We’ve made sure our health insurance is second to none, our wages are competitive and so is our PTO. We try to be flexible with people’s schedules, have creative health programs and offer essentials like a 401k and IRA program with discretionary matching. Last year we matched 5%. Employee satisfaction is critical to us. We have staff-led committees dedicated to making our workplaces the best and are always rolling out new programs to make sure we have the best environments in the industry. If you’re looking for a more exciting place to work, we hope you’ll join us.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Regional Directory of Nursing. This is an important position within the organization that provides Nursing leadership and expertise in our 5 Harrison Senior Living facilities located in Chester County PA, Christiana PA, Georgetown DE, Salisbury MD and Snow Hill MD.
Please visit us at www.harrisonseniorliving.com for more information on the location and services of all of our facilities.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Management Team in the development of nursing and clinical support staff policy and procedures that ensure quality resident care in a team care environment
- Actively participates in and supports corporate efforts to create an exceptional staff and resident experience
- Actively participates in Harrison Senior Living’s strategic meetings to enhance and improvise operational performances
- Collaborates with provider staff to define position responsibilities, training manuals or modules, and performance evaluations of nursing and clinical support staff
- Trains, and assists Facility Managers and other patient care program managers in areas of nursing and clinical support services to ensure compliance with clinical care standards in delivery of services, and is accountable for supporting ongoing evaluation of personnel providing clinical support services
- Provides assistance with recruitment, selection, supervision, direction, evaluation and leadership to licensed nursing staff
- Assures adherence of nursing services to program expectations, State, Federal, and local licensure or regulatory requirements, and to accreditation standards at all facilities
- Uses Point Click Care (PCC) effectively and trains others to do the same producing positive outcomes for the appropriate facilities
- Participates in the administrative planning team and on other internal or external committees and groups as assigned by the CEO
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Team to assure Facility Managers have all the tools, knowledge and resources to ensure success and an exceptional staff and resident experience
- Works collaboratively with service providers such as Rehabilitation and Pharmacy contractors to ensure all State, Federal and local regulatory requirements are met or exceeded.
- Coordinates with QA personnel to provide support, training, and staff development to achieve clinical quality initiatives
- Assists Administrators/Directors in preparation for annual state surveys to ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations. Significantly assists with Plans of Correction at all facilities as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience, Experience should reflect progressive responsibility in nursing operation management and experience in a management level leadership role in the Nursing Home and Personal Care industry.
- Management and Leadership Experience at an executive level is preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse
- Written and verbal communication skills in English commensurate with College level education
- Valid Driver’s License, proof of insurance, and personal transportation
At Harrison Senior Living we take pride in rewarding our employees with thoughtful, valuable and worthwhile benefits that positively impact their lives and the lives of their families. Most, if not all, organizations claim to offer “competitive benefits”. We believe, however, that with the feedback we have gotten from our employees we have been able to create an offering of benefits that is not only competitive, but meaningful. We think you will agree.
Our health insurance plan through Independence Administrators is affordable and comprehensive. The network of medical providers is extensive. An excellent feature of our health insurance plan is the Health Reimbursement Account. Through this account Harrison Senior Living pays for the first 50% of a qualified employee’s deductible! After the deductible is met most medical services are covered at 100%!
2018 began a new stage to our already wonderful benefit packages! “Wellworks For You” was created as a vehicle to assist employees in implementing healthy habits into their lives while earning discounts on their health insurance premiums. We recognize that healthy minds and healthy bodies are the catalyst to a successful working environment. Your health information is 100% confidential!
This valuable medical coverage allows our employees to “bridge” the gap in their deductible with a benefit of up to $1,500.00 for qualifying procedures in patient and out.
Through Lincoln Financial Group we offer very affordable dental coverage that our employees have enjoyed for a long time.
Employees enjoy the benefit of a 401k plan at Harrison Senior Living which is automatically contributed from their bi-weekly paycheck into their retirement account, this includes a Roth option and a discretionary match by the company. We encourage participation with Automatic Enrollment for all qualifying employees. With this push in the right direction many of our employees are saving for their future retirement!
All qualifying employees receive a free $25K life insurance policy. Those who qualify are automatically enrolled into this benefit. Of course, there is also the option to purchase Voluntary Life Insurance as well. Again, affordable coverage for employees at Harrison Senior Living.
Our disability programs are very popular with our team at Harrison Senior Living due to their affordability and flexibility. Our plan allows our employees to purchase these disability programs at different levels and cost increments to suit their needs and needs of their families.
Our employees can earn a bonus up to $500.00 when we hire a candidate that they have referred to Harrison Senior Living when that employee remains with the company for at least six months.
Harrison Senior Living offers a generous time off program for those who qualify and pass the introductory period. Time is available as it is accrued and unused vacation time can be carried over to subsequent years up to a certain maximum.
Employee Assistance Program – Our EAP provides unlimited phone access to legal, financial and work-life services. It also includes up to four sessions with a counselor per person, per issue, per year.