Harrison House of Snow Hill is a 67-bed skilled nursing facility located in Snow Hill, MD. Family owned and operated, we take extra pride and care in the services delivered to our residents. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected and valued. We are currently looking for a part time Housekeeper.
To perform a variety of housekeeping functions throughout all areas of the
facility, to ensure a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Clean assigned areas by washing furnishings and equipment, mopping floors, using special cleaning solutions and disinfectants, to prevent cross-infections. Uses damp germicidal cloths for moist cleaning, uses vacuum to clean drapes, carpets in offices or corridors and overall floorcare.
Clean with germicidal: windowsills, trash baskets, sinks, mirrors, water fountains, picture frames, window and door frames, and other high places, using ladders, when necessary.
- Maintain neat and clean housekeeping cart, equipment, storage rooms, and supplies.
- Maintain a friendly and approachable attitude towards patients, visitors, staff and co-workers.
- Assemble needed materials and supplies from the housekeeping storage room and places on work carts.
- Demonstrate required job knowledge and skills as indicated in job description. Quality and quantity of work performed contributes to overall departmental goals
- Interacts with patients and others in a courteous and respectful manner, inspiring confidence by performing and communicating in a professional and ethical manner.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Complete deep cleaning when assigned by housekeeping supervisor or housekeeping team lead.
- Respect all facility equipment and property and use with care to avoid unnecessary damage.
- Label and submit all lost and found items to the housekeeping supervisor or housekeeping team lead immediately.
- Remains effective and displays self-confidence in dealing with challenges. Embraces change and seeks opportunities to improve processes, tasks, etc.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation, demonstrating acceptable support and self-control. Works well independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrates commitment to the HSL organization and mission through active participation in specific projects, process groups, committees, and staff meetings.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Upholds the organizations’ Mission, Values and Goals by adhering to the HSL Standards of Performance.
- Consistently on time; adheres to break schedule; utilizes work time to the fullest. Has established a pattern of attendance that is in compliance with the Harrison Senior Living’s attendance policy.
- Employee models behaviors that are aligned with organizational goals, mission, vision and values. Seeks continuous improvement in work performance.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Prior housekeeping experience in a Health Care facility is desirable.
- Must be able to read and write, have good communication skills, and have good vision and hearing.
- Must be able to stand/walk for at least 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds at any given time
- Constant and repetitive movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel on a continual basis.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Possess good vision and hearing.
Job Type: Part-time