Harrison House of Snow Hill is a 67-bed skilled nursing facility located in Snow Hill, MD. Family owned and operated, we take extra pride and care in the services delivered to our residents. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected and valued. We are currently looking for a part-time housekeeper.
Looking for a career with a purpose? Join our family!
HOUSEKEEPER – Part-time
- Rooms and common areas must be cleaned thoroughly.
- Correct stickers on all phones in personal care resident rooms and nurses station
- Check that all lights are working: bathrooms, nightlight, light next to bed,
Hall lights, and lights in common areas.
- All personal care residents must have a working light next to bed.
- Check all refrigerators for thermometers. Make sure they are working properly and maintain a temperature between 38 and 40 degrees.
Check refrigerators for expired food items or moldy items. Discard if necessary. Make sure items are dated, and residents or staff’s name is placed on items for refrigerators in common areas.
- Covered trash cans for residents that are incontinent
- Bedspreads, blankets and sheets must be in good condition.
- Check to make sure toilet seats and commode chairs are in good repair.
- Check for leaking faucets and leaking toilets. Report any problems
- All empty rooms must be cleaned regularly.
- Rugs that need to be shampooed must be cleaned. This includes resident rooms, common areas and elevators. Also, walls of elevators.
- Make sure all furniture is in good working order.
- Rugs must be kept clean
- Common bathrooms must be checked regularly
- Make sure batteries are working in battery air fresheners
- Make sure bathroom fans are working
- Make sure all bathroom fan vents are cleaned
- Keep cart is kept locked when away from cart. Do not keep personal drinks or items on cart.
- Make sure all equipment used is in good working order.
- Make sure all equipment used to clean rooms is in good working condition
- Notify nurse if any medication is found in resident’s rooms that do not self-medicate.
- Report all repairs or concerns to Lead Housekeeper, who will report to Executive Director any concerns twice a week in writing.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor.
Staff Development Functions
Attend and participate in orientation, training, educational activities and staff meetings.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
Ability to understand and apply training and in-service education.
All other Duties as Assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 – $13.00 per hour