James and Katherine Harrison founded Harrison Senior Living in 1967 with the purchase of 17.5 beautiful acres of farmland in Christiana, PA. They knew it was the perfect location to build a skilled nursing facility where they could dedicate themselves to promoting and advancing the betterment of senior care facilities in a family like setting.
In 1972 the Christiana location opened its doors.
The first resident: James P. Harrison, SR. James’ father, and Katherine’s father-in-law.
Since opening the first facility, the Harrison family has opened four other locations focusing on senior living, assisted living, skilled nursing, rehabilitation and memory care services.
Other locations include:
- Snow Hill, MD—opened 1977: Katherine insisted the second facility be constructed in her hometown Snow Hill, MD. Harrison House of Snow Hill offers skilled nursing care, rehabilitation therapies and memory care services. Learn more about the Snow Hill’s skilled nursing and rehabilitation location here.
- Chester County, PA—opened 1984: Our third location is in beautiful Chester County, PA. Once the Coatesville Hospital, we converted the building to be assisted living and independent senior living apartments on a gorgeous 16-acre campus. At one time Katherine had worked as a nurse on the property, so she knew the amazing possibilities of the location. In fact, she even gave birth to her children at this location! Learn more about the Coatesville, Chester County, PA location here.
- John B. Parson, MD—The Harrison family started managing the facility in 1983; they purchased the facility in 1989. Based on the Harrisons’ outstanding reputation and dedication to quality senior living, the Board of Directors for The John B. Parsons-Salisbury Home for the Aged approached them to lease and manage the property with the intent to purchase. Learn more about the Salisbury, MD assisted living community here.
- Georgetown, DE—opened 1985: In 1982, the town council of Georgetown began discussions with the Harrisons regarding the need for senior care in the area. The Harrisons responded by designing and building a facility dedicated to offering exceptional skilled nursing care, rehabilitation and memory care services. Learn more about the Georgetown location here.
Today we are a third generation of caregivers who remain steadfastly committed to providing our residents with the very best in healthcare and senior living services, so their families can have peace of mind.
Our residents enjoy:
- Independent living so you or your family member can enjoy the freedom from the of upkeep of a home or condo
- Professional experienced staff so you can have peace of mind knowing exceptional care is given at all times at all our locations
- Vibrant, active living so you or your family member can enjoy a variety of activities and form friendships to enhance and enjoy life
- A home like atmosphere so you and your family have the comfort and ease of a relaxed environment with superior care
- Learn more about the services we offer and our locations here.